Friday, July 20, 2012

From Engineer to aspiring fashion designer

During a recent lunch date with my girlfriend, while sipping on my cappuccino, I curiously asked her why she'd suddenly decided to become a stay-home mom to Luke (now 7 months), after climbing the corporate ladder faster than I can say 'success' and her response astounded me – turns out she left her career as successful Engineer at one of SA's largest power plants to pursue her passion as Fashion designer! Yes, you read correctly. Now I've heard of many an engineer leaving their current employer and venture off on their own, but FASHION?! Never!
Lynn
As a fashion blogger, more importantly a fashion MOM blogger, her story immediately intrigued me and as a blogger who thrives on all things ‘unusual’ it fascinated me so much more! I wanted to know what makes a qualified and highly skilled Electrical Engineer suddenly go from machines to frills. So while diving into my high-calorie steak roll and Lynn into her very healthy salad, she went on to explain that although her son might be the most important reason she bid farewell to the hustle and bustle of corporate SA and weekly business flights to Joburg, the more important reason was that her job could no longer satisfy her emotionally. She knew there was something amiss - here they were- this beautiful little family, loving husband, adorable son, a beautiful home in the most beautiful city in the world and a career some can only dream of, yet something was still missing. Lynn knew she had to listen to her heart and follow her passion and so that was exactly what she did and we at FabMom salute her for taking such a bold step and making family and fashion her focus! We’ll keep cheering Lynn on from the front row until her designs, someday, comes marching down the runway!
xoxo Fashion Butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment