Saturday, March 1, 2014

Season Must-have: Tartan

Welcome to March and my birthday Month!! The closer I get to my 30th birthday, the more I find myself reflecting back on my childhood. It wasn't all rosy (no one's was exactly perfect, I get that now) but it was, with all it's highs and lows, the best. I often reminisce about growing up in the 90's, skipping school and lying about being sick, when actually we were going too see Titanic at the cinema for the first time! ha! yeah, some of the best movies were made in the 90's, I met my best friend in the 90's, the music was good, and the fashion...ooh, the fashion was awesome! In fact my first encounter with fashion was back in the 90's, I just didn't know it back then. Over the years, designers have brought back many 90's inspired fashion, but this season has seen the return of my personal fave and definitely a season must-have, the Tartan print! I'm proud to say I owned a tartan dress when I was about 6, it was red, had white puffy collar and sleeves and I wore it wherever and whenever possible! Did I have other items of clothing besides my tartan dress? Maybe not. But I do intend making tartan my "wherever, whenever" fashion item this season. Before we get ahead of ourselves, I'm only turning 30 next year, but I intend on making the last remaining year of my 20's a rocking one indeed!!!

Here's how I will be rocking the trend this season:

Nothing says "Hello Autumn" like a cute skirt! Match your Tartan printed pencil, mini or midi skirt with a beautiful cami for the last of warm days or a denim shirt to keep the cool autumn breeze at bay. Tartan is actually quite an easy print and looks great with almost anything! Have fun exploring!



...so easy, it even looks fabulous with leopard print!





And what doesn't go with leather! Pair your tartan with leather for an instant glammed-up look.


Accessorize well!




 Don't be afraid to live! Wear tartan on tartan and don't be surprised by all the compliments you get.



Even just slung around the waist, you could not go wrong with tartan, unless you tried really hard.




Looking back, it's easy to see why my tartan dress was such a big favourite of mine.

Yours in fashion
xoxoFabMom


No comments:

Post a Comment