Friday, January 31, 2014

Water! The season's most popular drink!

Oh My Gosh!! What a scorcher!! Today must be the hottest day this season...and I love it! I love that I can jump into any loosely-fit old dress, I love that I can show off my red painted toes by wearing my favourite pair of sandals and I love that I can splash around in the baby pool with the kids. What I don't love, is drinking water! It's the least fun drink ever. I try...I do...I really really do, but then always end up adding some flavour (Oros). Gas drinks are great by the way, they taste good and quench the thirst. But that only lasts a little while before you have run back to kitchen for more and they're not very good for your health either. Sometimes I just end up not drinking any cold drinks for days, but then realise I'm not doing my body any favours.

As mothers, whether full-time or working, we need to take extra special care of our health, especially what goes into our bodies and water is essential. As a mother of 3 young tods and always on the go, it's important that I preserve my energy levels. So I started thinking about how I can do that with the least amount of effort and time and up my water intake altogether, did some searching (with my best friend google) and the answer was quite simple: Fruity flavoured water!!! These are SO easy to make, SO tasty, looks absolutely beautiful and best of all HEALTHY. I can already imagine myself lying beside the pool with my (cocktail-looking) health water, sharing giggles with friends (and my kids) while detoxing and gaining the strength I need to be the best mom to my busy bees, possible!

EASY PEASY: Add any of your fave fruit such as raspberries, lemon, strawberries, melon etc. along with cucumber and mint and lots of ice, leave overnight to infuse and 'Ola! You're sure to feel like someone on honeymoon in Hawaii in no time.

Drink Up!



Cheers!
xoxo fashion butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment